Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DEE DEE is offline

Default Concatenate Nightmare!

Thank you! Both of your suggestions worked like a charm... I didn't need to
do the second more complicated step, as just changing the column width solved
the problem, which I should have figured out myself!

Had been up working for about 15 hours straight by that time, though!
--
Thanks!

Dee

"Max" wrote:

Some further thoughts on your 2nd question
2. In another workbook, the result is displayed, however, in many cells,
only the last 2 or 3 characters in the 2nd cell referenced is displayed.

The concat result returned by the formula could be exceeding the cell's col
width. Either try widening the col or format the cell to wrap text (via:
Format Cells Alignment tab check "Wrap text" OK)

And instead of say, in C1: =A1&" "&B1,

Try in C1:
=TRIM(A1)&" "&SUBSTITUTE(TRIM(B1),CHAR(10),"")

(Not sure, but there could be some stray line breaks in col B)
--
Max
Singapore