Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Robin Clay Robin Clay is offline

Default Abstracting text from WORD into Excel

Greetings !

I have some (OK, several hundred....) Word documents most of which contain
the words "Contract" followed by the Contract number, "Date" followed by the
contract date, and "Value" followed by its value.

Curiously, I wish to search all the WORD documents in the various folders,
and, where they exist, extract those three values and paste them into an
Excel spreadsheet, with also the path and name of the files from which they
came.

Fairly straightforward requirement - but I just don't know where or how to
even START !

..txt files I could do easily.....

Any help would be much appreciated.