Jacktion

Hi Norman

That isn't the problem. I mean the whole file has disappeared even though
the computer thinks it's there. The file had 10 different worksheets to it
but all that opens is Book 1 with the standard 3 blank worksheets.

When I close this down, and then close down Excel in total, it asks me if I
want to save changes to the file, even though there is nothing there.

Hard one hey. I am pretty experienced with Excel and this is a problem i
have not seen before, of anything like it.

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Jamie,

Try:

Window | Arrange ...

---
Regards,
Norman

"Jacktion" wrote in message
I have an excel file which completely disappeared while working on it.
When I tried to close down the file I was asked if I wanted to save the
file
etc. When opening the file I am asked if I want to update it and pressing
yes or no, a Book 1 file opens.
I close the book 1 file and this leaves a blank Excel background. When I
go
to close Excel it asks me if I would like to save the changes to my file,
even though nothing is there!
My computer is free of viruses. Please help. Replies to

Thanks
Jamie Smith