Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
[email protected] chucho00@gmail.com is offline

Default Changing color of line chart by date

I have a basic line chart (dates on the x axis, values on the y). What
I'd like to do is to have a macro that would not only create the graph
from the data but also change the color of the data point if it falls
between certain ranges (which are statically defined).

I've read on conditional charting, and it seems a bit unwieldy when
dealing with more than two or three color changes. Is there a way to
set up an 'if' loop that goes through each point, sees if it falls
between the indicated ranges (in my case there are 8 different ones)
and if so, change the color of the point?

It seems like a relatively simple idea, but I lack the VBA knowledge to
make it a reality. I'd appreciate any help that can be offered.
Thanks!