Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ben Ben is offline

Default Sum Column Entries that fall within Date Range Listed In Rows

Thanks everyone for your help. Using Today instead of Now helped, and
both SumIF and SumProduct worked. My problem was in the more complex
portion of my post, where I said each date had 5 rows and I merged the
5 cells together for the date value...then tryed to read and sum the
second column. I think Excel needed a 1 to 1 relationship between date
cell and my second column in order to sum the values, so removing the
merge corrected the problem. Once I did this and put the holding date
in the 5th row at each occurence, the calculations worked.

Thanks again for your help!!!!

SteveG wrote:
Ben,

Try,

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A4=TODAY())*(B1:B4))

Use TODAY instead of NOW unless you need to evaluate the time and not
just the date. NOW() will return date and time so in your sample data
the above formula will exclude the value for 7/10/2006 from the sum
because the default time when you enter a date is 12:00 AM which is not
greater than or equal to NOW().

HTH

Steve

--