Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ViestaWu ViestaWu is offline

Default multiple selections from drop down list

Hello,

I think you can use Validate=list.
the list will be a range. for example, A12:A30 or A12:H12, both are ok.
First, you may try with the list located in the same sheet.
If you wan to put the list in another sheet, you have to define you list as
a reference. Use insert=names=define=... and in validation=list=source,
you should put "=reference name", the reference name is the name you defined
before that.

I don't know whether I really could help you.

"Andyroo" wrote:

Hello,

Firstly, I am a basic Excel user, alas coding etc means nothing to me.

Please help, I have a drop down list where I woudl like it possible to
select more than one option (tick box) I have gone to validation and have
nothing that mentions "multiple". I have Excel 2003 and would really
appreciate some help.

Many thanks for taking the time to read my post