Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Variable function

Check out this page of J.E. McGimpsey:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/variablerate.html

--

HTH,

RD

"ESP Tom" wrote in
message ...

Hi,

I'm a sales manager that has a team with a variable rate of commission.
They either make telesales or sales through an appointment. If they make
more than £5000 in telesales their commision goes up from 5% - 10% of
their total sales. i.e. 0.05 x sum(telesale + appointment sales).

At the moment I use a referenced worksheet on my machiene that draws on
spreadsheets on the company file. I can programme the sheet to work out
the percentage if it's set at 5% but is it possible to make it vary if
the telesales value goes above £10'000?

i.e. when telesales = £2000-£4999 then 0.05 x sum(telesale +
appointment sales) but when telesales = £5000 then 0.10 x sum(telesale
+ appointment sales)

--
ESP Tom
ESP Tom's Profile: