Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
StevefromAGINT StevefromAGINT is offline

Default Increase the capacity of an Excel spreadsheet

Thanks for the advice but my problem is not the capacity of the spreadsheet,
but the number of usable cells. While there is a theoretical maximum of
65536 rows x 256 columns (16,777,216 cells) I can only seem to be able to use
about 67,010 as a maximum (Excel 2003 does not allow any other cells to be
populated after that).

If you've got any advice I would really appreciate it (I'm investigating an
SQL DB so this problem is probably only going to be short-term [up to six
months]).

"StevefromAGINT" wrote:

I use Excel extensively for performance analysis and have a fairly complex
integration of different spreadsheets in different workbooks. I have found
that there is a physical limitation to the number of cells that I can use in
any one spreadsheet (seems to be about 67,010). Does anyone know how this
limitation can either be removed or increased?