Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff Biff is offline

Default counting cells based on formatting

Using the count color method has a "bug".

Just to clarify, the code and method do not contain a bug. The "bug" is the
way Excel handles this!

Biff

"Biff" wrote in message
Hi!

A "best practice" would be to craft a formula based on the logic of why
the cells are colored rather than count cells that are colored.

But to answer your question, see this:

http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

Using the count color method has a "bug". Changing a cells color does not
trigger a calculation so the resultant formula will not update a color
change until a calculation is triggered either manually or by some other
event.

Biff

"dwae2000" wrote in message
Hello.

I am hoping you can answer an excel question for me. I'm using excel to
track a schedule. I'm not sure if it was the best program to use but I
don't
want to switch now. Is there a formula that will count how many boxes
are
shaded a particular color? For instance every blue shaded one is equal
to 15
minutes.

Thanks.