Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Adding 6 months to any given date

That's because I don't type it. I have a library of stuff that I just cut
and paste from in many instances <vbg

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Roger Govier" wrote in message
Bob
You always can type faster than me<bg

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message

To add 6 months, but cater for that month having less days and not
spilling-over,

=MIN(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+{7,6},DAY(A1)*{0,1}))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"hoyt" wrote in message
is it possible to add 6 months to a given date?
i.e. if in cell A1 the date is 04/05/03, then cell B1 should return
the

date
plus 6 months ie 04/12/03. the only way ive been able to get
something

near
is by adding 182.5 which is half a year in days but this obviously
doesnt
account for the different months having varying amounts of days.

Any Ideas?

Regards

Hoyt