Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nikhil Nikhil is offline

Default Get distinct rows from different worksheets into another works

i want to copy distinct rows of data.....

e.g. i have three (or more) sheets

Sheet1 -

A B C D
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8
5 6 7 8

and sheet2 -

A B C D
8 9 10 11
5 6 7 8
12 13 14 15

the result i want to compile in say sheet3 should be

A B C D
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8
8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15

thereafter using vlookup i can get the sales figure in col E....
now i would like the data in sheet3 to automatically get sorted on the
sales figures in col E.

Plz note that i would be adding data to new sheets...all of which should
be
compiled in sheet3

any of the column in sheet 1 or 2 might contain a blank cell

Hope you could help me yet again...

Regards

Nikhil

"JLatham" wrote:

I worked up some very generic code that will collate all uniquely
identifiable information in a workbook onto a single sheet. It will just ask
you for the column in which the "unique" information can be found in. Copy
the code from this file:

http://www.jlathamsite.com/uploads/G...ForCopying.txt

and paste it into a code module in your workbook. Use [Alt]+[F11] to open
the VB Editor, use Insert | Module if you need to create a place to copy the
code into. Once that's done run it like you would a regular Macro, since it
is just a regular macro.

It also sorts by the unique column that you provide to it. It's
non-destructive, meaning it does not alter any existing information in your
workbook at all. You should be all set up to start composing your VLOOKUP()
formulas.

"Nikhil" wrote:

I have data in some sheets (the same data can be repeated in different
sheets)..I want to compile distinct records from these worksheets into
another sheet...prefereably using vba code.

I do not want to use a formula...since once i get the distinct data...i want
to use vlookup to get sales figures and then sort the data on sales...

I also want that the data automatically gets sorted in the compiled sheet in
desc order.

Plz help.

Nikhil