Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Rich Rich is offline

Default Controlling line colors/styles in excel charts

Henk,

Thanks! That looks like it does exactly whaty I need.

Rich

"HEK" wrote:

Rich:
You can give yr chart the formatting you want, including the desired
appearances for gridlines, plot area, axes, etc, and save it as a template.
Finish yr first chart, right-click it and select Chart Type. In the left
under corner select "User-defined". An "Add" button appears. Click it and
choose an appropriate name.
Now for any new chart you make in the future for which you want this format
just select this 'user-defined' template and you'r in business.
HTH,
GL,
Henk

"Rich" wrote:

I have a chart with a pair of lines(forecast,actual) for each product in a
group. I am trying to figure out how to format the lines so that: 1) the
actual lines are solid, 2) the forecasts are dashed, and 3) each products
pair of lines has the same color.

I can do this manually for a chart, but I will have a series of these groups
each with a different number of products. Is there a way to set the formats
based on the row(or series name) in the data sheet?

Thanks,

Rich