Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kit Kit is offline

Default How do I display all conditional formatting in Excel?

Thanks for your time and well-informed efforts, Kevin!
Your phrase "I have seen it work in the past, but as of right now, the only
time I see what the CF is is when I choose just one cell and then look at
Format-Conditional Format" hits the nail on the head! The fact that you have
seen it work in the past gives me some hope!!

As I write this, I have not yet tried your instructions,but thought I would
drop you a quick word of thanks before doing so.

Kit

"Kevin Vaughn" wrote:

Oops. When I started my reply there was only one reply and it did not look
like it addressed the issue. Now, after I posted I see that there were
several responses and my reply was not what you were after. Unfortunately, I
started looking at the web page (I am viewing this from microsoft.com) a
couple hours ago and neglected to refresh the page (to see if there were any
new posts) before posting. Sorry about that.
--
Kevin Vaughn

"Kevin Vaughn" wrote:

This should get you where you want. Use the Goto (I usually do ctrl-g) and
then click Special. Then click on Conditional Format and choose All or Same.
This will get you to the cells that have conditional formatting and then if
you have chosen Same, you can see what the CF is by the normal means:
Actually, after I tried this just now, I don't know if there is some reason
it is not working for me (like perhaps maybe too many cells that have the
same CF. I have seen it work in the past, but as of right now, the only time
I see what the CF is is when I choose just one cell and then look at
Format-Conditional Format. After further testing my limit SEEMS to be around
1600 rows (that's not exact though as my range starts on row 7. Also, I am
looking at 3 columns. If I look at just one column ...it again fails at row
1600 (but works at row 1599. I do not know if this is documented anywhere or
perhaps it is just a fluke on my workbook (I am using 2000 btw.)

--
Kevin Vaughn

"Kit" wrote:

Whilst it is possible to display all the formulas on an Excel 2003 worksheet,
it is only possible to display conditional formatting cell-by-cell. This is
tedious when checking for any errors, which are easy to acquire when pasting
from one cell to another.