Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Counting blank cells

But the 99^99 performs exactly the same function (no larger XL number), and
is easier to type.<bg

Been using it for a while in some formulas at my plant, and am hoping that I
don't get bitten with any unforeseen future problems.

RD
-------------------
-------------------

"Domenic" wrote in message
Hi RagDyer!

As far as I can tell, I don't think it would be a problem in most cases.
But personally, I prefer to use 9.99999999999999E+307.

Since it's the largest number Excel recognizes, its use eliminates any
risk whatsoever regardless of how small or remote.

Cheers!

In article ,
"Ragdyer" wrote:

Hey Domenic,