Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kelly O'Day Kelly O'Day is offline

Default Current day on a chart

Robert:

If I understand your question, you would like to be able to add a vertical
line that shows the current date. Is this what you want?

If it is, I have a how to page on adding a vertical line to a chart with
just 4 cells. You could use the current date for setting the x values by
formula and have the Y values go from 0 to your max Y value.

If this sounds like it is of interest, here's the link:

http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_vertical_line.htm

"HEK" wrote in message
Hi Robert:
I figure from what you describe you need a so-called dynamic name range.
This simply leaves out the future "zero's" so you don't need a running
"vertical line" as you suggest by your last sentence.... See for instance
Jon Peltier's website
http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...hartLinks.html for a
number
of helpful websites how to do this.

If the dates have a consistent difference (e.g. days, or week numbers
without interruptions) you can drag the range down and Excel is smart
enough
to fill it out correctly (e.g. showing Feb 1 and not Jan 32). Go the
right
under corner of the selected range (selecting two dates at least) and drag
the black square downwards while keeping yr left mouse button pressed as
far
as you want; releasing the mouse button triggers the fill. Or you can just
make a formula =[previous cell]+1 and excel displays the next day. Just
trial a bit.

HTH,
Henk

"Robert Brown" wrote:

I made a chart with days of the year, projected dates for things and
actual
dates that they happened. I was wondering if i could put a "running line"
that would move along the chart as the year went on. It would help show
why
the end of the chart doesn't look good.

Possible?

If it is, Could i also get something that fills in the column of dates as
time does on?