Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
mvgfrwd mvgfrwd is offline

Default Excel charts

Thank you so much for that website. I was able to figure it out. Here is a
sample of the code: [=60]$#,##0;[<=50]#,##0;General. This would be based on
a scale where the maximum is 60 and the minimum is 0.

"HEK" wrote:

Sorry I misunderstood yr question. If you just want a $ sign before the
values, right click the axis and choose the appropriate number format on the
number tab. But if you want ONLY the top value it can only be done with an
arbitrary axis, I think. Possibly Jon Peltier's website provides what you
want: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...traryAxis.html
HTH,
Henk

"mvgfrwd" wrote:

I'm sorry, but that's not the answer I'm seeking. There's a way to create a
custom code in the number format window. A former coworker knew how to create
it, but I have since forgotten.

"HEK" wrote:

Put the "$" sign in your value axis title which you can define during the
chart wizard. By default it appears in the middle of the chart, but
effectively it is in a text box that you can move to the top. Right-clicking
it in the chart allows you to change text direction and perform other
formatting.
Hope this is what you seek.
Br,
Henk

"mvgfrwd" wrote:

How do I get the dollar sign to appear on the top number of the value axis
only?