Dave Peterson

Record a macro when you set the calculation the way you like.

Then rename that recorded macro:
Auto_Open

It'll run each time you open that workbook.

Excel determines the calculation mode from the first workbook that you open in
that session--so it could be an ongoing fight without a macro.

Scube-Ron wrote:

I have spreadsheets that depend on circular calculations to compute final
result. Excel forces me to set the iteration and enable circular each time I
open the file. I want it to accept circular as the default as other
spreadsheet programs have done. Does anyone know how to do this in Excel
2000?

--

Dave Peterson