Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB JMB is offline

Default Excel: ADDRESS cannot be used in CELL. How stupid is this?

For some odd reason my mind was thinking text "O1" -I was making assumptions
about what he's trying to do (I'll spare you the explanation). Thanks for
correcting me -obviously my mind is slipping.

But Cell still doesn't play nice w/Address w/o using Indirect -so why
attempt to use it all (versus Index - I think you already posted this). Why
take a shot at the programmers when you don't put the formula together
correctly?

"Harlan Grove" wrote:

JMB wrote...
Eg. =CELL("contents",ADDRESS(O1,13,4)) doesn't work.

It is not a valid function call. Address does not accept O1. . . .

O1 is a cell address, so ADDRESS does accept it. It'd have to be an
integer between 1 and 65536 for ADDRESS to return a nonerror result,
but ADDRESS would accept it even if the value of O1 were something else.