Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
scrufty scrufty is offline

Default How do I make excel pivot table count blank cells?

Thank you for your prompt response. It is disappointing. The information is
right there. I added a zero in source file and ran the pivot table again.
It worked.

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

The pivot table can't count blank cells, so if you put a Product field
in the row area, and Count of Product in the data area, the (blank) item
will show nothing in the data area.

However, if you add a different field to the data area, you may see the
correct count. For example, if the Invoice Date field always has a
value, add that to the data area, and summarize by Count. The pivot
table will then show the count of records with a blank product field.

scrufty wrote:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures