Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How do I get users to fill out excel spreadsheet sequentially

Not in the enlightened corporate world I was working in for the past 15 years.

No punching, slapping, screaming, derogatory statements or any other non-PC
behaviour.

Employing the fruits of your sensitivity training, you gently point out that
they have not followed instructions quite as you wished and could they possibly,
if so inclined, fill out the required cells between breaks and attending group
hugs sessions.

I am soooooooooooooooo happy to be out of it.

Gord

On Fri, 07 Jul 2006 11:36:05 -0500, Dave Peterson
wrote:

You scream at them!

Gord Dibben wrote:

And if they choose to ignore the warning..........what then?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 23:31:01 -0700, DD wrote:

Thank you - worked brilliantly

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I use an adjacent cell with a formula like:

=if(a1<"","","<-- Must be filled in!")

And I make it big bright bold red.

DD wrote:

I am trying to get users to enter all required fields. How do I stop users
from not filling out a required field

--

Dave Peterson