Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Problems saving a worksheet with links

Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue ... I have a directory which
contains 129 worksheets which have links to external data (in a Master
Spreadsheet) -- I need to copy these files into a New Directory, but kee the
Master Spreadsheet (which they are linked to) in the original location. If
I do a simple Cut & Past, the Reference Link to the Master Spreadsheet gets
moved to the New Directory (where the file does not exist), but if I open
the worksheet (in the original directory/location) and Save As to the New
Directory, the worksheet saved in the New Directory maintains its link to
the Master Spreadsheet in the original directory/location. I hope I've
explained this clearly.

Here's my problem -- it's a bit time consuming to have to open each and
every worksheet and Save As to the New Location -- I'm not sure if a Batch
File (or Dos Command xcopy) would solve this -- Is there some code I could
use to Open each worksheet, Save As to the New directory, Close, then
perform this on each of the .xls files in the original directory? If so,
could you please point me in the direction with an example of the code.

Example:

Files in C:\Temp (a.xls, b.xls, c.xls) Copied to C:\Budget

Many Thanks in Advance.