Gary Rowe

perhaps autofilter might do this for you. You can select a custom filter
selection using a starts with or contains "blue" and delete the rows that
meet the criteria.

"Pablo" wrote:

Hello:

I need to be able to delete multiple rows out of a worksheet. What I need to
be able to do is have a function/macro that can identify a string of
characters and then delete all the rows that have those characters.

For example, if row 4, 18, and 45 all had "blue" in them (assume column is
A), then I need something to go delete row, 4, 18, and 45.

At the top of my worksheet I will have several, probably about 3, criteria,
such as, "blue", "red", and "green" that will all need to be deleted.

Now here's where I really need help. A row may have "blue-orange" and if
"blue" is the key identifier, the row with "blue-orange" will need to be
deleted also.

Thanks!