Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Simon Simon is offline

Default Enforce cell completion

That works great thanks.

Moving on from that what would the formula be if cell A2 was to show red if
it had no contents but only if cell A1 had been filled in?

Thanks for the advice €“ lots made my day a lot more productive!

"Bryan Hessey" wrote:

Apart from using a big stick there is no foolproof way to do this, as
whilst you could write VB code to request cell completion you cannot
force a user to enable macros when opening a workbook.

Closest is a reminder, via select the required cell, and Format,
Conditional Formatting, and set Cell Value, is Equal to, ="" and set
the Pattern to Red.

This will highlight all required cells that have not yet been given a
value.

HTH

---

Simon Wrote:
I have a worksheet with which I want to make sure particular cells have
content filled in them before it is closed. Could anyone give me some
instruction on how to do this. Im new to this so any detail on where to
go
and what to put in would be more than appreciated.

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=559263