Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Geno Geno is offline

Default Perpelexing Row to Column conversion

Bob Phillips wrote:
VBA?

Sub Test()
Dim iLastRow As Long
Dim i As Long

iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
For i = iLastRow To 2 Step -1
If Cells(i, "A").Value = Cells(i - 1, "A").Value Then
Cells(i, "B").Resize(, 253).Copy Cells(i - 1, "C")
Rows(i).Delete
End If
Next i

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Geno" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a spreadsheet that has a list of companies and contacts within
those companies. Some rows have one company with one contact for that
company. Many rows have the same company info duplicated with a
different contact info for that company. What I need is unique rows
with unique company name and all the contacts for that company in the
same row.

Great!!! It works, almost!!. Suppose there are 11 columns of info
associated with each contact. In your script, assume A2 is the company
name that duplicates on several rows and I need contact info in columns
B2 thru B12 that is different on those each of those several rows. I
realize that the result will be a very wide spreadsheet but that is
what I need.