Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Grant Reid Grant Reid is offline

Default Multple criteria dilemma

Hi

I really hope someone out there can help with this problem. I need to
calculate a total for rows that meet one or more criteria, however what
complicates matters for me is that the number of criteria changes, sometimes
it will be one, sometimes four, sometimes three etc etc. I need to
accomplish this without resorting to VBA.

The worksheet that contains the criteria has the following format, with the
criteria in row 2

A B C
D E
1 Year Account Manager Client
Product Revenue Type
2 2005 Brendan Gannon FNB
Businees Objects Product

At times I will want a total for rows that meet less than the five criteria
for example

A B C
D E
1 Year Account Manager Client
Product Revenue Type
2 Brendan Gannon FNB
Product

Sometimes there will be only one criteria, for example

A B C
D E
1 Year Account Manager Client
Product Revenue Type
2
Businees Objects

The data portion resides below the criteria range in row 5 through to 100
and the column that needs to be summed is Column F, row 5 through to 100

Any help in this regard will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards - Grant