Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Total on filter

In addition, if you only want the filter to apply to one column (or
even just part of that column), highlight the column (or cells F4:F100
for example, if your headings are in row 4) and then do Data | Filter |
Autofilter.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Gord Dibben wrote:
Use the SUBTOTAL function.

=SUBTOTAL(9,B:B) which includes filtered and hidden values.

Or in 2003 version

=SUBTOTAL(109,A:A) which ignores hidden values.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 19:10:02 -0700, jk wrote:

Hi,

I have a sheet which contains many accounts in one column and amounts paid
in another column,I really dont need the auto filter which places a filter on
every column.How do you make a filter for the account column and at the same
time have a total for the amounts paid column when the filter shows only
those accounts?