Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick Hodge Nick Hodge is offline

Default See names of controls

TheMath

It remains in the 'name' box. (Left of the formula bar)

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"TheMath" wrote in message
When I use the Forms Toolbar to put a checkbox on a worksheet, it names
the
control 'Check Box 1' and sets its Text property to that name. That's
nice,
except that I always change it (right-click and Edit Text) so that the
text
is something else, and then I cannot see the name of the control after the
edit of the Text.

When I use OLE to access (read the state of) the checkbox from an external
program, it needs to know the name of the control. Since the Text
property
was edited to something other than the original control name, the only way
I've found to determine the name of the control in Excel is to right-click
on
it and choose "Assign Macro" because the propsed macro name has the
control
name embedded in it.

Is there some more convenient way to tell the name of a checkbox control
on
a spreadsheet?

--
I am The Math. You know what to do.