Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bob engler bob engler is offline

Default Convert arial text field to barcode

I have a WS that has serial numbers scanned from products
into a cell in arial font. I want to take the number in there and
convert it to a 3 out of 9 barcode in another cell so we can scan
that back into another system from the printout of the WS. The
system we are putting it into has no import function and can only
have the serial numbers typed or scanned in. I copied all the
serial numbers to another column and reformatted it to True Type
font 3 of 9 but can't get the scanner to read it.

Any ideas??