Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dmax007 dmax007 is offline

Default Calculating dynamic moving averages

Im a novice so forgive me if this is a basic question. I am working on
a sales tracking spreadsheet that will be updated daily. I would like
to display a 12 week average, 6 week average, and 2 week average. (I
have no problems creating the spread sheet by manually typing the
formulas - My goal is to have the sheet update the formulas when I
update the date and sales.) Can anyone offer a solution. I am
thinking that I could include a cell that would have the days date
(which I would update at the same time as updating the daily sales).
The write a formula that would use that date minus 84 days for 12 week,
minus - 42 days, - 14 days. This would give me the start date and end
date to define my range. Then ask for an average of the cells that
fall within the range. Below is a simplified table layout: Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Date Fred George David Tim
1-03-06 $XXX $XXX $XXX $XXXX
1-04-06 $XXX $XXX $XXX $XXXX