Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff Biff is offline

Default set XL formula to add mins to a time i.e add 45mins to 8am to get

Hi!

Try one of these::

A1 = 45
A2 = 8:00 AM

=A2+A1/1440 (format the cell as TIME)

Or:

=TIME(HOUR(A2),MINUTE(A2)+A1,0)

Note: Do not enter the duration as "xx mins", just enter the number, 45.
Entering as "xx mins" makes it a TEXT entry.

Biff

"Gavton" wrote in message
I am trying to set up an interview schedule sheet in Excel, so that I can
just enter the minutes and it will automatically fill in the times i.e if
enter the times of:
Interview duration = 45 mins
Interview Start time = 8:00 am

How do I get the sheet to add the 10 minutes to the start time of 8:00 am
so
I get the result of as follows which looks like this is a spreadsheet

Interview duration
45 mins (to manually enter)

Interview Start Interview end
8:00 (to manually enter) 8:45 (auto calc)