Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tonerowlabs tonerowlabs is offline

Default Cells display function's text rather than its results

noob here...

Just created a simple CONCATENATE function combining two text strings
on two different worksheets (within same .xls document). The result is
a URL. No empty gaps, all formatted as General.

Everything worked just fine the first several times I opened, saved and
reopened the document.

Then it started getting weird: dates are suddenly displayed as 5-digit
numbers (tried formatting cells as dates, won't change), and the
formula is displayed rather than the result. I've tried reformatting,
re-launching, etc... and I just can't get it back to the way it was.
It's like a huge, irreversible reformatting took place of its own
accord. Any tips?

Many thanks in advance.

TRL

(office 2000, win XP)