Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default Date Axis Must be on Date Basis

Hi,

Assuming your category labels are recognizable by excel as dates you
should be able to set the axis to Time series. Right click in chart area
and from the context menu pick Chart Options. On the axis tab set the x
axis to Time series.

This normally happens automatically so I would check the dates are
really dates.

Cheers
Andy

Hamsicik wrote:
I am graphing my son's date-weight graphic. But our weighting dates are
irregular. When I graph those datas, between dates in x-axis become equal.
But I want excel understand they are dates and scale like dates. For example
2 days between two date is same space as 2 months. I want two months must
have 30 times of two days space. How can I graph more realistic dates...

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info