Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Keith Keith is offline

Default Network Links

I have a number of Excel files on a network server which it is mapped on my
PC as the 'H' drive, however for some users this drive is mapped as their
'K' drive. I have created links to various Access databases for which they
auto update when I open the Excel spreadsheets. However when users (who see
the drive as 'K') try to open this file, they get an error stating that the
file cannot be found.

I have the same problem to some degree with macros which need to open or
update other spreadsheets. Is there a way to specify the server name and
full path rather than H:\Sales\spreadsheet.xls etc?

Thanks for your help