Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] barbetta3141@yahoo.com is offline

Default named range row offset

I recently discovered naming entire rows -- it makes references super
easy (when your columns line-up). For example, if I name row 2
"MyRow", then in other cells I could just put "=MyRow" and it will
reference the cell in MyRow (row 2) that is in the same column where I
put the formula.

For example, if I put "=MyRow" in cell C6 it returns C2, in D6 it
returns D2, E6 -- E2, you get the idea.

My question is whether there is an easy way to offset this by one
column (so that putting "=MyRow" in cell C6 returns B2 instead of C2).
Something like "=MyRow[-1]" would be great. Any ideas? Thanks.