Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Running Macros

I have the following Macro (which I need to run on approximately 200
different workbooks) -- what is the BEST way to achieve this? Should I use
a Function (and if so, what would it look like)?

NOTE: I'm assuming that this Macro should reside in a Module -- but, should
this be run outside of EXCEL (say, from a Form in ACCESS)?

Here's my code:

Does anyone see anything that I may be missing? Here's the MOST important
thing I need this code to do (assuming there are no further modifications
needed) ...

This code (Macro) needs to perform this same task on approximately 200
different Workbooks (all residing in the same Network Directory), but ONLY
when a Command Button is pressed. I'm assuming that I'll need to create a
Form (in ACCESS perhaps) and call this Macro -- correct? How would I do
this, and how would I get this Macro to perform this Link Update on all 200
or so Workbooks?

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim vLinkSources
Dim iLinkSource As Integer
Dim AnySheet As Worksheet
For Each AnySheet In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(AnySheet.Name).Unprotect
Password:="mypassword"
Next
vLinkSources = ActiveWorkbook.LinkSources(xlExcelLinks)
If Not IsEmpty(vLinkSources) Then
For iLinkSource = LBound(vLinkSources) To
UBound(vLinkSources)
ActiveWorkbook.UpdateLink vLinkSources(iLinkSource), xlExcelLinks
Next
End If
For Each AnySheet In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(AnySheet.Name).Protect
Password:="mypassword"
Next
End Sub