Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How can I use conditional formatting to hide or delete rows?

Conditional formatting cannot hide or delete rows, although you could use CF to
color the font white in the rest of the cells in the row.

No formula or Function can hide or delete rows.

You would need VBA code to hide or delete rows.

Sub delete_rows()
Dim RowNdx As Long
Dim LastRow As Long
LastRow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
For RowNdx = LastRow To 1 Step -1
If Cells(RowNdx, "A").Value = "" Then
' Rows(RowNdx).Delete
Rows(RowNdx).EntireRow.Hidden = True
End If
Next RowNdx
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 09:18:02 -0700, linda.beautiful.california
. com wrote:

I want to use conditional formatting to hide or delete rows in Excel if the
cells in column A are blank. How can I do this or, if conditional formatting
won't work, what other way is there to accomplish this?