Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default formula bar deception

Hi Stephanie

Post your formula, and what the contents of the cells being compared
with your If statements, then maybe we can help you.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Stephanie" wrote in message
I have a nested formula that I am trying to enter into a cell. When I
enter
it into the formula bar, the 'Formula Result' is as I expect but when
I hit
'OK', the number displaying in the cell is different and apparently
random.
I've tried recalculating, retyping, simplifying (nested IF functions),
all to
no avail. The formula bar always looks right and the cell displays
wrong.
(It's not a rounding error, I'm trying to get a specific single-digit
number
and I get a different single-digit number.)

Help me please!