Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
andy62 andy62 is offline

Default Carriage returns in the formula bar?

I will, in advance, admit that this is not an elegant solution, but maybe it
will work for your purposes:

Set cell C1 to "wrap text" (Format . . . Cells . . . Alignment) and then try:
=CONCATENATE(A1,"
",B1)

Where the space between the quotes is filled with spaces. Possible weakness
include: long textA or textB that exceeds the cell width, and printing.
Maybe someone else knows how to get a return into a concatenate function.

"rubeus" wrote:

Hi, I have a large table which needs many columns (too many to do
manually with alt-enter) joined together in this particular way:

A1: textA
B1: textB

I need to join these two cells with a carriage return like so:

C1: textA
textB

Everything I have tried as a carriage return has only given me the
–¡ character instead of a carriage return. Is there a way to do
this?

--
rubeus
rubeus's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36121