Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
chappo555 chappo555 is offline

Default Ranking multiple columns by 1000th inch

Dav Wrote:
If you are measuring values to a 1000th of an inch, the average can only
be to a 10000th of an inch (as you have 5 columns) Assuming they are
always populated.
If you create a new column, which you can hide later of
Agg+min(A:E)/100000

eg G1+min(b1:f1)/100000

then rank this column does that meet your requirements.

What happens if both the minimums are the same?

Regards

Dav

Dav:
thanks heaps mate. That seem to work fine. I gave it a trial where all
results were the same across all 5 columns with the exception of one
that I set to only 1/1000th of an inch lower and the rank came out
right. If both get the same aggregate (result of the 5 columns summed
and divided by 5) AND get the same minimum for one of the 5 columns it
goes on to the next minimum for the 5 colums for that person and so we
go.

Got an answer for that ??

ONCE AGAIN THANKS HEAPS MATE - REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP.

CHEERS
CHAPPO 555

--
chappo555