Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Macro to export as Text, only the results not the formula

Your code doesn't show how you saved the file.

If fileSaveName < False Then
MsgBox "Save as " & fileSaveName
activeworkbook.saveas filename:=filesavename, fileformat:=xltext
End If

You may want to record a macro when you save the file manually so that you get
the fileformat that you really want.

wrote:

Hi,

I am using this macro to export to a text file but I have vlookups and
other formulas that when I export only the formula gets exported, what
I need i to export ONLY the results of the query.

Public Sub SaveAsTXT()
fileSaveName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename( _
FileFilter:="Text Files (*.txt), *.txt")
If fileSaveName < False Then
MsgBox "Save as " & fileSaveName

Thank you,

Muaitai