Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Franz Verga Franz Verga is offline

Default The increase number of rows in Excel

wise_man wrote:
"Franz Verga" wrote:

Hi wise_man,

you can see he

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q120596

Dear Franz,

First thank you, it did work out, however i still have one propblem,
the text file exported to excel contains characters such as commas
and tabs separater, hence forth I also want the exportaion process to
consider these characters and split accordingly to different collums
insted of all the records posted to one column

You can use the Text to columns utility (menu Data, Text to columns) to
split your data. You could also use the Macro recorder (while using Text to
columns utility) to record a macro that split the imported data.

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy