Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default Dates as Serial Values

"Lucy N" wrote in message
Thanks for replyin.

The Format says number and date still.

Is the format Number or is it Date? These are two different formats; it
can't be both.

The data is the date with slashes in between e.g. 06/07/2006

I thought you were saying that you were seeing the data as numbers, not as
dates? Or are you saying that you see the date in the formula bar but the
serial number when you see the cell in the sheet (or vice versa)?

My colleague told me in needed to put a ' in front of everything to get it
to convert back but I was hoping there was something simpler.

Putting a ' in front will force it to be treated as text, which isn't what
you want.
--
David Biddulph