Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
UKdeejay UKdeejay is offline

Default Office 2007 Beta feedback

Just noticed the signature at end of your message, Nick - I'm in Southampton
too, what a coincidence!!!

UKdeejay

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Of course, forgot the new zipped xml file formats, which for 'joe soap' user
should result in smaller file sizes and for developers should allow them to
interogate the files easily without having to break out the binary

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"UKdeejay" wrote in message
Have been using Office 2007 Beta for about 2 weeks now (mainly Word &
Excel).

Don't like the new layout (Excel)-

Toolbar is very cluttered now that every option is on permanent display.
Can't find an option to Customise the Toolbars, other than the Quick
Access
Toolbar, which is lost amongst all the other on-screen clutter.
Also don't like the fact that the Menu bar commands have been changed -
bring back 'File, Edit, View, Tools', etc.
Help menu has been replaced by an almost invisible 'question mark' icon
squeezed into the top right corner of the window
As an occasional user, it will take me months, if not years, to get
familiar
with where everything is, just in time for the next version to be
released!!!

Not worth upgrading, but this is not an option as Support, updates & even
functionality for previous versions of MS Office products evaporates every
few years!!!