Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Darryn Lavery Darryn Lavery is offline

Default Coloring of Excel Chart

Re-posting from

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/Sho...26051&SiteID=1

Thanks

Darryn

------

Hello,

I'm generating Excel-Charts via VSTO in VB .NET. For the Seriescollections I
want to set given RGB-Values like RGB(223, 0, 48) for red. But the colors are
different from the colors, when I generate Chart objects in Excel-VBA.

It seems that the RGB-Colors in VSTO / VB .NET not scalable like it shoud
be. It seems furhter more that there are only a few colors avialable, wenn I
increase or decrease the RGB-Colors they only get brighter or darker in
intervalls.

e.g.
mySeries.Interior.Color = RGB(223, 0, 48) shows the same color as
mySeries.Interior.Color = RGB(204, 0, 35)

My Screen-Setting are settet to 32-bit true color. Do you have any ideas how
to solve this phenomenon?