Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jjh jjh is offline

Default How to change cell text based on another selected cell?

Hi:
Thanks for considering my question. I have a row of 4 cells that I use
as headings for the data below them. I also have elsewhere on the page
3 cells in a row-each with different text in each cell. What I would
like to do is:

When I select one of the 3 (selector) cells, I'd like to:
1)copy the contents of the selector cell (sel n) to another (pre
selected prior to choosing sel x) cell,
2) change the contents of the row of 4 cells to some predetermined text
strings. There could be up to 12 different selectors which means up to
12 different headings)....example is below:

sel 1 sel 2 sel 3 sel 4

heading1 heading2 heading 3 heading 4

copied sel

Any suggestions on how to do this is appreciated...Thank You!
-John

--
jjh
jjh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36089