Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Die_Another_Day Die_Another_Day is offline

Default Advanced Question (that I really can't describe!)

I forgot one other thing to make this work: The min cell in all ranges
must be "1" for the "Indirect/Match" function to work properly. Maybe
Bob, Tom or some other genius can figure out how to get around that
limitation.

HTH

Die_Another_Day

Die_Another_Day wrote:
Well this will work with a couple of rules:
1.) It's an array formula so press Ctrl+Shift+Enter after typing
2.) It doesn't seem to work with generic ranges like A:A so use your
exact ranges
3.) Here it is...
=INDIRECT("A" & MATCH(LARGE((C1:C39="Active")*(B1:B39),1),B1:B39,0 ))
'Many thanks to Daily Dose of Excel for the MaxIf Idea that I copied
into "LargeIf"
HTH

Die_Another_Day