Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default HELP with a formula

I believe that Bob's non-array formula is probably the most preeminent, even
though he temporarily forgot that COUNT is *not* spelled "SUM".<g

=COUNTIF(D:D,""&TODAY())

RD
-------------------
-------------------

wrote in message
ups.com...
Sudz wrote:
This is pretty hard to explain but ill do my best.

You did a good job of it.

This is using multiple forms in the Spreadsheet,
Form 1:
License State License Number Date Issued Date Expired
[....]
This is where i need to formula that i cant figure out. Say i have 50
States, 1,000 License Numbers per state, but of course they have
different issue and expiration dates. What i want this formula to do is
to give me a total number of Licenses that arent expired.

One approach, assuming "Date Expired" is column D and data starts in
row 2, enter the following array formula (type ctrl-shift-Enter instead
of Enter):

=count(if(D2:D50001=today(),1,FALSE))

Note: You can omit ",FALSE" since that is the default. But so many
people incorrectly omit the 3rd parameter when they shouldn't and run
into trouble that I think it is a good idea to always specify the 3rd
parameter. It's a matter of taste/style.