Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Macros

If excel disabled the workbook, then it thought something was bad with that
workbook. Deleting the current version and replacing it with a "clean" backup
may clear up the problem.

I just use windows explorer to copy my personal.xls to a new location whenever I
want a backup made. Then if I screw something up, I can use that backup copy.

Cincy wrote:

Thanks. I went to the disabled items location you mentioned and enabled
the folder. Once I did that the macro buttons and macros automatically
appeared in my spreadsheets because I had previously created the macros
but couldn't view them because they were disabled.

It did say the personal.xls file was disabled to allow other programs
to function so I hope by re-enabling it it doesn't cause me other
problems.

I am confused by your statement about creating a backup and that if the
workbook is really bad I may want to delete that copy and put a copy
into my xlstart folder.

How do I know if the personal.xls file located in my xlstart folder is
bad? How do I create a backup?

I also did a search on my computer for the xlstart folder and found
that the xlstart folder under program files is empty but I did find the
personal.xls file under the Documents and Setting folder for one of the
users. Is this the correct location for the personal.xls file?

--
Cincy
Cincy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35172

--