Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
James Silverton James Silverton is offline

Default Auto minimum on Y Axis

mattjenkins wrote on Wed, 5 Jul 2006 09:28:53 -0500:

m some of the return %'s are negative values, but the line
m will never go into a negative value on the Y Axis - is this
m what you mean? I'm not sure what a log axis is

m Thanks very much--
m mattjenkins's Profile:
View this thread:

Basically, it is an alternative to a linear scale on the y-axis.
Click the chart/Right click y scale/Format axis/Scale/select
logarithmic scale. I hope I am not being excessively pedantic
:-) Give it a try; you can always reset to a linear scale.

Again, being pedantic again, the logarithm of a negative number
is imaginary.

James Silverton.