Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Macro question

In a word, there is no way to get the recorder to do that.

The macro can do what you want though, you just have to modify it to do so.
For instance, to find a value, use Find

Set cell = a_specified_range.Find("value")

and then to offset it use

If Not cell Is Nothing Then

cell.Offset(2,6).Select

etc.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Chris" wrote in message
Is there a way to make a macro remember my keystrokes? When I record a

macro
it only remembers the cell number of the box that I clicked and not how I

got
there. What I would like to do is use ctrl+F to find what I'm looking for

and
then use the keyboard (2 keystrokes down and 6 keystrokes to the right for
example) to arrive at a cell. However when I arrive at a cell, the macro
just uses the cell number lets say H20 and doesn't remember how I got

there
from using the keyboard. What I'm trying to do is create a macro which
graphs data from several different worksheets. The problem is the data

from
the different worksheets isn't the size of the data from which the macro

was
created. When I run the macro on different worksheets it doesn't graph the
data from the same starting points or ending points. If I can't use a use

macro to do this, is there any advice for what I'm trying to accomplish?